This wrapping idea was 100 percent inspired by pie. That’s totally normal, right? I made a pretty lattice pie crust at Thanksgiving this year, and I’ve been jonesing for a repeat ever since. Of course, ribbon isn’t nearly as delicious as a butter-flour-sugar combo, but the process was nearly identical.
Every time I’m doing a lattice crust, I click back to this super handy pin from Gimme Some Oven. If you’ve been carefully weaving strips of pie crust in and out for all these years, this trick will blow your mind.
What you’ll need:
• plain craft wrapping paper
• ribbon (10 stripes of equal length)
1. Wrap your gift with plain craft paper.
2. Following this handy dandy lattice pie DIY link, make a pretty lattice on top of the package using the 10 strips of ribbon. Use a few pieces of tape to hold the lattice securely in place on top of the gift.
3. Take a second piece of craft paper, large enough to wrap around the gift, and cut out a festive shape where you want the lattice ribbon to show through. Wrap the new layer of craft paper around the gift (make sure the lattice is peeking through where you want it), and use a piece of tape to hold it in place.